BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 14, 2012

Baked Chicken Enchilladas

My mother in law sent me a box recently with all sorts of treasures... Including my favorite, cooking magazines! This came out of taste of home :) Next time I make it I will probably through in some corn. I cut the sour cream in half and substituted with fat free cottage cheese. It was still nice and creamy without being a calorie fest. Luke refused to eat this. I don't know if he was just being cranky, but mommy and daddy liked it! (oh and don't worry, Luke ate dessert so he didn't go to bed hungry)

Ingredients

  • 4-1/2 cups chopped chicken (I threw two chicken breasts in the oven for an hour that morning)
  • 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup cottage cheese
  • 9 corn tortillas (6 inches), shredded into 1-1/2-inch pieces
  • 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used a little less)

Directions

  • Mix chicken together with enchillada sauce, sour cream, cottage cheese, and most of the shredded cheese 
  • In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the chicken mixture alternating with the shredded tortillas. The final layer should be torillas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese
  • Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.