BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken

I'm pretty positive that Apricot Chicken will be showing up on my table in the very near future. There's a lot of chicken-y goodness flying around (SQUAWK!!). Here's another chicky recipe that I just  made this week, then enjoyed for two workday lunches. PA's been blessed with some nice warm evenings, and the grill has been calling me! Credit here goes to "The Girl Who Ate Everything", although I had to tweak the recipe due to to what was in my spice cabinet! It was super tasty!Add more or less chile powder depending on preference for spiciness. Here goes:

Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken



8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (I used drumsticks and breasts)
2 tsp vegetable oil

Rub:
2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp coriander (I had to skip this one)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (and this one..)

Glaze:
1/2 cup Honey
1T Cider Vinegar

Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
In a sepatate bowl, mix the honey and vinegar. (warm the honey if needed, so its soft enough to mix easily) 
I removed the skin from the chicken pieces, then used my hands to coat them lightly with the oil. (mmm...slippery wet chicken!) Then rub the spices into the chicken, then toss them on the grill!  I used medium heat so they'd cook through without getting burned. During the final minute or so, brush on some of the glaze. Don't be too alarmed if the grill smokes and sizzles at this point. Thanks to the sugar in the honey, any drips will burn like crazy. I actually got scared at this point, pulled the chicken off the grill, then applied the rest of the glaze right on the serving plate. I let the chicken rest for a few minutes to let the glaze set it.   The end result was delish!!! Hubby approved :-)