BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Whole Wheat Pancakes



Once upon a time, I was browsing through our discount grocery store, past bargain boxes of dented cereal and outdated condiments. When I came across a giant bag of whole-wheat flour for 50 cents, I couldn't resist. Since then, the bag has been sitting in my kitchen, only to be pulled out handful of times for kitchen experiments--some turning out well, others...um..not so much. (think dry peanut butter bread, but tasty pizza dough) Anyways, I decided not to give up on such a healthy, cheap ingredient. Behold: whole wheat pancakes. I was pleased out how light and tasty they turned out! This is gonna be a keeper recipe for me.

2c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1.5 - 2 c. milk (use the lesser amount if you like them thicker)
4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
4 Tbsp oil

Mix together dry ingredients. Beat eggs in separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients, along with the milk and oil.  Stir together, but  don't over-mix, or they will turn out flat, not fluffy)