BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mexican Chicken Skillet

I was going to make sloppy joes one night this week. About an hour before getting dinner started I checked my email and found this recipe from Kraft in my inbox. It was really good and really easy once I changed it up a little bit.






2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
       Prepare your rice using low sodium chicken broth instead of water. If you don't have reduced       sodium broth use 1/2 broth and 1/2 water in preparing your rice or this dish ends up too salty
 
1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup cream cheese or sour cream
1lb diced uncooked chicken 
1 jar of salsa, I used medium which was so good, but rendered this dish toddler/baby unfriendly
1/2 cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
 

In a skillet pour another 1/2 cup or so of broth and add the diced chicken. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. The smaller your chicken pieces the faster it will cook. Add more broth if needed to keep chicken from sticking to the pan. Add the cooked rice and salsa. Stir in the sour cream and cheese. Serve on a plate. I think this would make a very good filling for a soft burrito as well!
 
Mine didn't really look anything like the picture since I diced the chicken and used salsa instead of a boring old chopped tomato, but what's a recipe without a photo!